As chef, you will run the back-of-house. You will manage the daily operations of the kitchen, oversee the kitchen staff to ensure that the highest quality of local and sustainable cuisine is served to our guests, and ensure that all financial targets are met. Individual is responsible for maintaining quality standards throughout the kitchen and food storage areas, practicing rigorous food safety, appropriate sanitation standards, and must demonstrate excellent planning and organizational skills. Chef is responsible for working with Event staff to ensure food and menus match our values, goals and quality standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
Create unique, seasonal, local and sustainable based pairings which inspire guests to return.
Plan and design menus based on the availability of ingredients.
Ensure proper food costing for each menu.
Direct kitchen operations including; purchasing food, preparation, cooking, and cleanup.
Assign tasks; supervise bussers and prep cooks in the preparation and presentation of food.
Maintain control of the kitchen to ensure that all tasks are carried out efficiently and effectively.
Resolve issues as they arise so that customers continue to receive their orders in a timely manner.
Make sure that all kitchen and wait staff adhere to food safety and hygiene regulations to ensure a clean and sanitary kitchen.
Inspect raw and cooked food items to guarantee that the highest quality products are prepared and served to customers.
Collaborate with the DTC Sales Director, Visitor Center Manager, Events Manager, and Wine Club Manager to reach goals of the winery.
Direct monthly and weekly inventory.
Maintain vendor relationships.
Recruit, hire, and train line cooks and other kitchen staff.
Maintain kitchen equipment; schedule repairs and additional maintenance as needed.
Work with Event staff to ensure Catering companies are to our standards.
Work with Event staff to create menu’s to inspire guests to purchase our wines.
Ensures all food and facilities are maintained above legal requirements for cleanliness and safety.
Ensures all health inspections and permit requirements are met and superseded.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include retention, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work. Assists the Tasting Room Managers in appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
· 2+ year’s culinary education or 5+ years’ experience in similar position.
· 3+ years of experience in a back-of-house management position.
· Wine pairing experience preferred.
· Certified Food Safety Manager
· Advance knowledge of food profession principles and practices.
· Significant experience as a chef, in addition to experience as a sous chef or line cook
· Strong attention to detail
· Restaurant experience preferred.
· Must have a positive, can-do attitude and be able to think and plan ahead.
· Ability to focus attention on guest needs remains calm and courteous.
· Ability to provide clear and pleasant communication.
· Ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment.
· Must be available to work weekends, evenings and holidays.
· Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs., stand, and walk up to 8 hours per day.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, talk, hear, and to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, taste and smell.
Gloria Ferrer is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
Click the link below, to apply.